1930 map of Badsey Undergrounds

This plan taken from an auction sale notice of 1930, clearly indicates the division of market garden land into narrow strips. The area comprised in Lots 26 to 30 inclusive, to the west of Badsey Brook, is known as Badsey Undergrounds (or Under Badsey), although actually in the parish of Aldington. In 1930 the 25 strips, with a total area of about 42 acres, were occupied by 18 different tenants. (With thanks to Terry Sparrow.)


Updated 6 June 2006. Contact email: editor@badsey.net Next decade Previous decade Index Next decade Index Previous decade