The Mill at Badsey
Below: A detail from
the 1812 enclosure map shows how the brook was diverted to pass through
the middle of the mill building.
The Mill is at the south end of Badsey village, next to Badsey Brook. The building has served as a corn mill, a silk mill and more recently has been home to many Badsey residents. The history of the mill goes back at least two hundred and fifty years.
The aerial photograph below was taken in 1968. It shows the mill cottages. The cottages on the right were demolished soon afterwards.