Seward House and the Poplars in the 1960s
Seward House with its outbuildings is in the middle of this aerial photograph. To the right is The Poplars, which soon afterwards was demolished to make way for the road with the same name. Seward Road has not yet been built and there are no buildings between these two large houses and Badsey Brook, which lies off the top of the picture. The long building at the rear of Seward House is Sladdens Barn. Part of the The Laurels can be seen in the bottom left corner of the picture.This photograph was kindly loaned by Patsy Miller (née Sladden).
See also Buckley Bent's very early colour photograph of Seward House, Sladden's Barn, William Seward (1702-1740) Methodist Martyr, Seward House garden and a group photograph of the Sladden family.
This is an assortment of old photographs from the village of Badsey in Worcestershire.