Old Council Stores, Blackminster
Originally this corrugated structure was owned by Littleton and Badsey Growers, but was taken over by Evesham Rural District Council in the 1940's. New brick buildings were added and it became home to the council's building maintenance department as well as their refuse collection and sludge-wagon operations. It also contained a carpenter's shop, a plumber's workshop, and a large stores holding everything from a tap-washer to a tiled-surround. In the 90's Wychavon District Council, who were its current residents, sold the land for building, having replaced its direct labour force by private contractors.
Photo courtesy of John Bird.
This is an assortment of old photographs from the village of Badsey in Worcestershire.