The Old School
This building served Badsey School between 1854 and 1895, when the school moved to the present building in School Lane. This photograph was probably taken between 1895 and 1910. The OS map for 1905 shows the building was used as a Reading Room. It has served many other purposes. In the 1940s it was headquarters for the 5th Evesham 1st Badsey Scout Troop and today it is the Royal British Legion.
Looking south along the High Street, the white building in the distance is now the Spar shop and post office.
A similar photograph is shown on page 74 of A Brief History of Badsey and Aldington. Different people are shown in the foreground but the two pictures must have been taken about the same time. This version was kindly lent to us by Robert Hall.
Here is more information about Badsey schools.
Looking Back is an assortment of old photographs around the villages of Badsey and Aldington in Worcestershire.