Old Turnpike, Aldington
This house, also called Railway Cottage, has been shaped by our changing transport needs. Once it was a tollgate house on the Offenham Road (B4510) at the junction with road leading into Aldington village. In 1861 a toll collector Charles Harker occupied the house. With the coming of the railways, a bridge was needed, and it became necessary to bank the road. The banking was taken right up to the house so that the ground floor is completely obscured on one side.
This is a collection of photographs of buildings in and around Badsey. The pictures were taken in 2000, 2001 and 2002 by Richard Phillips and Elizabeth Noyes.