'Seward House, Badsey'
In 1877 the brewer Julius Sladden bought Seward House in Badsey and quickly established himself as a leading personality throughout the Vale. The house remained in the Sladden family until quite recently when it was sold and became a nursing home. This closed in 2001 and a property developer has converted the house into several homes. In the older picture, the house on the right is 'The Poplars' which was demolished to make way for the road that bears the same name.
See also Buckley Bent's very early colour photograph of Seward House, Sladden's Barn, an aerial photograph of Seward House, William Seward (1702-1740) Methodist Martyr, Seward House garden and a group photograph of the Sladden family.
Track Changes uses pairs of photographs to show how Badsey has altered over a period of about 75 years. The old pictures are from postcards sold at Badsey Post Office in the 1920s and reproduced with the kind permission of Pat Goldstraw. The new photographs were taken in 2001.