Farm (Wickham Farm)
Some old plans have been
discovered in the Worcestershire Record Office of Pitchers Hill Farm
(now called Wickham Farm). The plan
is from 1812, but the layout is similar to today. The proposed
cow shed plans are of similar date and the sketch matches part of
the farmyard plan.
In 2014 Tom Locke visited
Gerrard Poulter at the farm and took these photographs which illustrate
the buildings that remain from the 1812 period.
This is the front
of the 1812 building of cow stalls. It is still used as the milking
This shows the roof
trusses inside the building.
This is part of the
interior of the adjacent building, shown on the plan as a Waggon House.
This must be older than 1812.
This is the farm house
on the 1812 plan. Now 'Wickham House'.
Later than these 1812
buildings, in the farmyard, is a small building that was originally
a stable block. It was built by John Pickup Lord in 1871. The window
and brickwork are a delight. The picture above shows the end of the
building and below is a close-up of the inscription.
Updated 30 March 2014.
Contact email: Wickhamford@Badsey.net